Maine & Maritime Canada Genealogy

Researching Downeast Maine and Maritime Canada Families Together

Im looking for any info. on Robert Wilson, (Wilson's Beach, Campobello) prior to his coming to the island. I know he was born in Ireland and married Mary Woodward born in Sudbury, Mass. in 1728 daughter of John & Mary (Moore)Woodward. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Views: 79

Replies to This Discussion

I started a tree on ancestry.com and got back as far as James P. Wilson, b. 1852. Then I started googling to get some possibilities for parents. I did find a site talking about a Robert Wilson, so it's just going to take a bit more research to nail it down. Amazingly, I think all of the people on this network, with the exception of Chris, have relatives in common! Now if we can just get some people on the other side of the border to join...

I actually got back further with some of the other lines. Send me your email address and I'll send you an invite to the ancestry.com tree I've got so far. You will be able to edit it, add to it or delete, without having to pay the ancestry.com membership. Just ignore any future emails they send you with free trial offers and such. You won't need them. I've got a membership and can make all the trees we need.
Pam
Thank you Pam, my email is arch333rd@yahoo.com

Helen

Todd House B&B said:
I started a tree on ancestry.com and got back as far as James P. Wilson, b. 1852. Then I started googling to get some possibilities for parents. I did find a site talking about a Robert Wilson, so it's just going to take a bit more research to nail it down. Amazingly, I think all of the people on this network, with the exception of Chris, have relatives in common! Now if we can just get some people on the other side of the border to join...

I actually got back further with some of the other lines. Send me your email address and I'll send you an invite to the ancestry.com tree I've got so far. You will be able to edit it, add to it or delete, without having to pay the ancestry.com membership. Just ignore any future emails they send you with free trial offers and such. You won't need them. I've got a membership and can make all the trees we need.
Pam
This from Family Search:

Robert Wilson Compact Disc #127 Pin #2206695 Pedigree
Sex: M

Event(s)
Birth: abt 1734

Ballymoney, Antrim, Ireland
Death: 16 Apr 1782

drowned at Cobscook Falls, Pembroke, Washington, Maine
According to Family Search, Mary's mother was Sapphira Moore -
If you follow her ancestry, she is descended from Capt. John Grout (Groot) and Sarah Busbey. I am descended from Sarah and Thomas Cakebread. Now, how the Moores fit in is a little puzzle that has given genealogists fits for years because she also married Philemon Whale and their daughter Elizabeth married John Moore. I suspect you will find them on your tree, too. I did -
Kathy thank you for the info. I had some of it but didn't know the line of Sapphira Moore. I will look into it.
Kathy my neice and I found the graves for Robert Wilson on the Hetival Leighton property in Pembroke down on the Leighton Point Rd. The graves are only marked by large rocks but you can tell they are graves.
Thanks so much for the info. I have a lot of it but will follow the S. Moore line thanks again
Hatevil, maybe. That was a common name back in the day
I have seen that little graveyard at Reversing Falls. It is a very nice spot.
Is that the graveyard you mean?
We should photograph and document it before it's totally too late. It's already way worse from what I remember from my youth.
I haven't photographed it Kathy but that is the one I mean Reversing Falls way in the woods.

RSS

Visit the blog Heirlooms Reunited, which features orphan heirlooms, many of them from New England and the Maritimes

Find Your Family's Orphan Heirlooms

Use the keywords option in Advanced Search to search for surnames/locales listed by private sellers on these online sites. 

Case in point, I found my great grandmother Watt's Bible online!

Rare and Antiquarian 125x125

Find textbooks at Alibris!

Heirlooms Reunited by Heirlooms Reunited is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work atheirloomsreunited.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available atheirloomsreunited.blogspot.com

© 2017   Created by Pam Beveridge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service